Today I will give you one of the two recipes I made for the Family Street Party that Food4Good participated in.
Potato nests with yoghurt dip & salmon, it is.
I decided to make this recipe for the event for many reasons.
First of all, it can be consumed cold.
It's easy to prepare. You can even prepare the filling the day before and keep it in the fridge.
It is presentable! Important, since "you eat with your eyes first"!
And of course it's delicious !!!
With the materials I give you, you can make 24 mini nests. If you want, you can increase the quantities depending on how many you want to make.
The mash you prepare should be tight so that you can roll it. This time do not make it velvety and soft as usual. So don't add more cream.
For the filling I used the "yoghurt sauce with dill" of the company "Salads Lena". The combination of the cool yoghurt and dill was a perfect match for the salmon I chose. To get an idea of the company's wide range of products go to the website and choose flavours.
If you want to replace this dip, you can use sour cream or for a milder taste, simple yogurt.
Also, if you want to make something even more different, mix a little lemon zest into the filling. It looks great on him !
However you prepare it, it will definitely steal the show with both taste and appearance.
Bon appetite !
- Preheat the oven to 200b.
- Wash the potatoes and boil them (with the skin on) in plenty of salted water.
- Drain them and while they are still warm, remove the peel.
- Place the potatoes in a glass bowl and mash them with a fork or mashing tool.
- Add the cream, season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Form balls the size of a large walnut and place them in the muffin cases.
- With a shot glass or with your hand, tap each ball to form the nests.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow them to cool.
- In the meantime, prepare the filling.
- Put 2/3 of the salmon in a food processor and grind.
- In a bowl, add the ground salmon and the yogurt dip and mix well.
- Take the nests out of the mafia cases and fill them with a spoonful of the dip.
- Decorate with small strips of salmon from the one you set aside and some dill.
2 medium potatoes
1 tablespoon of milk cream
salt and pepper
300 g yoghurt sauce with dill "Lena"
100 g smoked salmon
1 tablespoon fresh dill for decoration
Lena salads used